Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Fry Bread and Betty Tags?



Waikiki is having it's first real POW WOW this weekend - at Kapiolani Park. Really. It is being billed as a cross cultural affair, so there will be hula AND hoop dancing AND... BETTY TAGS!

Last month we drove through AZ, from Prescott to the Grand Canyon, then past Tuba City and up to Lake Powell - the entire time I was looking for Fry Bread and couldn't find any anywhere...what's with that? Zoikes - my mouth is watering just thinking about the F** bread word. My taste buds came home sooo disappointed.

Now look - The Universe did not let me down! There will be Fry bread on this very island. (Please, please, please, Universe...let it be the real thing! )

I will be there selling BETTY TAGS. I hope that they put me next to a F** bread stand. I also hope that I don't have to cook the books because I have spent all the sales money on the aforementioned delectable item.

Hmmmm.....maybe I shouldn't have signed up for this POW WOW afterall?

No comments: