Saturday, July 28, 2007

A Dog Day at the Bay


I don't know what my expectations were for this last minute show, but I think that just possibly, they were maybe, just subconciously, a little higher than the reality of the thing.

Last weekend I was trying to decide if I should go to the North Shore Farmer's Market or just take a weekend off.

I was at the studio and someone came by with a flyer about this "A Day at the Bay" show and ONLY $35.00!!

"How can you go wrong?" they said.

Well, let me not so patiently explain to you how you can go wrong - you can spend $35.00 and then you can get up at 5am on a Saturday morning and then you can load your vehicle and pay $3.29 for a gallon of gas and then you can drive for miles and then you unload your vehicle and set up your spot and then...you can wait...and wait...and wait....and then....nobody walks by!

And then you can look outside the hot and stuffy cafeteria and what?....it is beautiful and colorful and there are people out there and...they are having fun!







That is how you can go wrong (for only $35) !

P.S. I actually made $40.00 (Wowza Yowza!!) PLUS...my friend Ginny came by...PLUS...some people from last weekend at Kapiolani Park came by to look me up...PLUS...they had the best Laulau and Kalua that I've had for ages.

They pulled it out of the imu on the spot!




Add to that some lomi lomi, two scoop rice, breadfruit the Marine Corp Band playing live...and au'we...whose complaining?

The North Shore Marketplace will always be there next weekend.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

You need to come do a show in Utah! Glad to see it's going well...when all else fails, good food will pick spirits up!

PS - totally cool to use my blog like an email. do you like Ikea now?

Ash said...

No worries...Now that I am a partner this bussiness is going to be a money machine.