Monday, July 9, 2007

Flushed Away

No...there were no tsunamis, flash floods or weather disasters this weekend.
I'm not even talking about the inner workings of the three toilets that were repaired in our house this past week.
"Flushed Away" was the title of the movie playing on the kazillion foot screen on Waikiki Beach this weekend while I was busy selling Betty Tags.
I think I liked "Dream Girls" better.


Sunset on the Beach is great fun and for anybody planning a trip, you should try to schedule it during this FREE event. Your tax dollar at work.

Now that I'm becoming a seasoned professional (!) I have a regular spot. There are two big tents that the city puts up with about 8 vendors under each tent. I have THE BEST location - I'm in the first tent with the primo beach real estate.
If we're not making a sale, we're watching the surfers or the parasailers or the boats or the beach goers or the sexy bikini girls or the speedo men and boys and sometimes we even get to see fights, but that is another story.

We did sell my favorite tassles this weekend to a very nice geisha lady who collects them. Weird thing to collect, don't you think, but then who am I to say?

No comments: