Wednesday, November 28, 2007

NBC and 1,2,3.

A friend of mine called this my "aha" weekend (and she doesn't even like Oprah - at least she says that she liked her better when she was fat)!

A few of my "aha's":

AHA #1. When a show advertises 25,000 buyers, you also have to check how many vendors will be there. In this case there were 1,000 vendors. That means that over 3 days I had an opportunity to sell to 25 people (8.35 people per day).

Another caveat, "buyers" doesn't really mean "buyers", it means bodies through the door, even bodies who are too little to walk or have a bank account, or people that like to play with turnstyles.

AHA #2. The money is always with the organizer. 1,000 vendors paying an average of $500.00 is $500,000.00. No wonder this organizer was eating malasadas everytime I needed a question answered(and she's getting pretty fat I might add!)

AHA #3. I already did my market research and I know my buyer. They were not at the Neal Blaisdell Center (NBC) last weekend. They were in Kailua, Lanikai, North Shore, Kahala, Maui and probably Rancho Santa Fe and La Jolla. I should try to remember this.

AHA #4. These buyers didn't really "get" the Betty Tags, but they sure got my Queen and Princess goodies. I wish I had had 25,000 of them. I probably would have sold them even to people who couldn't walk or have bank accounts and liked to play with turnstyles.





1 comment:

Y.C said...

Thank you so much for stopping by Pandora's craft box. I just love the door tag stating the queen will see you know!. :)